Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
CAMPING GLIFWC member tribes exercising their treaty rights may camp for free on most campgrounds in the Chequamegon-Nicolet Ottawa Hiawatha and Huron- Manistee National Forests. There is currently no camping agreement for Michigan State properties Wisconsin State properties Minnesota State proper- ties or County properties so your Tribal camping permit issued through the NAGFA system is valid ONLY for the above four National Forest campgrounds. It is your responsibility to know the ownership of the campground where you plan to stay. If you have questions with this please contactAlexandra Wrobel GLIFWC at 715-682-6619. Prior to camping You must obtain a tribal camping permit through your tribal registration sta- tion or GLIFWC. You will be issued a paper permit similar to previous years. This permit will include a tribal camping permit number see below that you will use to fill out the envelope at the campground. If you will be using other areas of the National Forest that require a parking permit you can also obtain this from your registration clerk or GLIFWC. The parking permits are now rear view mirror hangs with the GLIFWC logo on them these do not expire and can be used beyond this season. The number that is on your parking permit is a number unique to you in the NAGFA system. You can find this number at the top of your paper permit next to NAGFA ID . This is different than the number you will use for the camping envelope. Arriving at the campground Follow the camping registration procedures at the campground. Generally this involves providing information requested on a registration form or envelope. You do not need to place anything inside the envelope. See illustration on how to fill out the fee envelope Attention National Forest campers By Alex Wrobel GLIFWC Forest Ecologist 1. Enter Tribal Permit. 2. Indicate only the number of days you plan to stay. Do not enter 14 days if you do not intend to stay for 14 days. Let the campground concessionaire know if you plan to be gone during the days. 3. Enter your date of arrival. 4. In spaces 4-6 enter the permit holders vehicle information. 7. Enter the campground unit where you will stay. 10. This is where you will enter the number located on your permit next to your camping stamp. During your stay You are required to follow all posted campground rules and regulations and note that some rules may differ between campgrounds. Example permit 11. Enter your date of departure. Note for the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest Due to challenges related to increased operational costs and a decrease in the amount of funding available to cover those costs you may notice some changes at recreational areas of the forest.This could be anything from reduced services all the way to campground closures. Camping is prohibited at closed campgroundssopriortocampingpleasecheckhttpsdata.glifwc.orgcamping for an updated list of campgrounds with reduced services or closures. PAGE 21 MAZINAIGANSUMMER 2016